We initially came across the wonderful work of Blavity over one month ago on April 10, 2016. Thanks to Lauren Miller (@cantstayput_), Blavity was brought to our attention when she announced on her Instagram profile that she would be speaking at their inaugural #EmpowerHER conference later this month.
After looking further into the event, #EmpowerHER is a black women’s conference that will be exploring the impact of creativity, leadership, and technology on their daily lives. The extraordinary line-up of women will consist of bloggers, designers, entrepreneurs, and techies who all play a vital role in helping to shape today’s cultural movement.
Blavity’s #EmpowerHER Conference will be taking place in New York, NY on Saturday May 21, 2016 from 8 am to 7 pm at 404 Event Space.
The speakers will include:
- Evita Robinson (@evierobbie)
- Gabifresh (@gabifresh)
- Francheska (@HeyFranHey)
- Johnetta Elzie (@Nettaaaaaaaa)
- Kelechi Anyadiegwu (@KelechiUjuu of @shopzuvaa)
- Lauren Ash (@blackgirlinom)
- Lenore Champagne Beirne (@LenoreChampagne)
- Luvvie Ajayi (@Luvvie)
- Tanya Menendez (@makertanya)
- Feminista Jones (@FeministaJones)
- Lauren Miller (@LoMillie)
- April Reign (@ReignOfApril)
Some of the topics that will be covered throughout the day include:
- Using The Internet To Empower Change.
- Growing Into Yourself and Creating Community.
- Turning Your Side Hustle Into a Start-up.
- Pushing Your Boundaries Through Exploration.
- Owning and Becoming a Brand.
Here’s a look at the conference agenda and here’s where you can scoop up some conference tickets. Still lurking? Morgan has you covered. Use her discount code “blavityfam” for a limited time only and receive a cool 15% off!
(Uh • Kway • Us) Aquaus Kelley is a forward-thinking Brand Strategist, Educator, and Music Publisher. As the Founder of A Lovers Ambition Lifestyle Group, he specializes in identifying talent and creating opportunities for brand development, exposure, and growth. Aquaus has worked with companies and organizations such as Cornerstone Agency, City Year Miami, Universal Music Group, and W Hotels. He is extremely passionate about helping companies adapt to culture and building value between brands and their consumers centered around love. His ultimate mission is to use his influence to project positivity across the globe and invest in the collective future of society through the arts, education, entertainment, and leadership.