When we listened to the 478th episode of Lewis Howes’ “School of Greatness” podcast earlier this morning with Kyle Cease, we were completely blown away with the amount of valuable insight we gained in just 1 hour and 28 minutes. With a new book slated to release on Tuesday May 2, 2017 entitled, “I Hope I Screw This Up”, Kyle made time to sit down with Lewis and dive deep into the topics of creativity, fear, happiness, and love.
Fall In Love With Not Knowing!
Do our goals allow us to attain our happiness or does our happiness allow us to attain our goals? We often live in an illusion that, “When something happens, I’ll be happy” says Kyle. However, when we think like this, what we are actually saying is, “We are in lack without having whatever it is we feel will make us happy.” As a result, we become attached to the people and things we think we want and thus end up losing.
On the contrary, when we love us enough, we will attract all of which we deem to be desirable. When we try less, we allow more. When we’re happy, great things happen. We don’t always have to know how to do something or when to do it. When we fall in love with not knowing, we move freely from our heart and create our own definition of perfection.
Fall In Love With Our Fears!
“Our fear isn’t of what it is we are about to do. Our fear is of choosing what it is we are about to do” says Kyle. When we step into an opportunity, our fear goes away. Whenever we’re scared to let go of something, the only reason is because our mind can measure what we will lose yet cannot see what we will gain. The more excited we become, the more we can achieve. “When we’re in a good mood, we can make anything work” says Kyle.
In addition, Kyle also mentions, “Our fear doesn’t bother us, it’s the resistance to our fear that does. Everything that we are scared of losing is going to have to be taken away from us to make room for who we really are. The universe takes from us everything that we are scared we are going to lose to show us that we are enough without it. If we have to justify why we are keeping something, we have to let go of it.”
In addition to the the full interview with Kyle Cease and Lewis Howes above, below are our favorite highlights and takeaways:
- When we think that when something happens we’ll be happy, we’re actually saying that we are in lack without that thing. (11:44)
- We can’t see how much money we’re losing by staying in a job we hate. (20:20)
- Whenever we’re scared to let go of something, the only reason is because our mind can measure what we will lose yet cannot see what we will gain. (22:29)
- The universe takes from us everything that we are scared we are going to lose to show us that we are enough without it. (30:22)
- No one has ever broken our heart but they have broken our expectations. By breaking our expectations, they helped us to become closer to our heart. (33:36)
- Disconnect from the collective consciousness of the victim mentality of the world. (39:08)
- If we have to justify why we are keeping something, we have to let go of it. (45:47)
- We pick and choose our signs sometimes to justify why we aren’t leaping. (1:04:59)
- Being lost makes space for new innovation. (1:09:55)
- When we’re free, we’ll have clarity. (1:10:26)
Lastly, let’s ask ourselves, “What lessons can we learn from our lows? What’s trying to emerge from what we fear of letting go? Feel free to mention and tag us on social. We would love to hear your answers!
A Lovers Ambition Lifestyle Group is a brand development agency that specializes in identifying talent and creating opportunities for brand development, exposure, and growth. With an emphasis on culture and lifestyle, the primary focus of A Lovers Ambition Lifestyle Group is to help companies adapt to culture and build value between brands and their consumers centered around love. Our social mission is to leverage the influence of popular culture to create social change and invest in the collective future of society through the arts, education, entertainment, and leadership. We are driven by AMBITION, fueled by PASSION, inspired by INNOVATION, and suckers for STRATEGY!